Cannabis is a known healing plant that has existed for thousands of years. In recent decades, the re-emergence of cannabis as a prominent and viable source of food, fuel, and fiber, and medicine has caused a groundswell of interest in both cannabis and it’s endocannabinoid DNA as practical holistic medicine. As well, new, well-funded development for myriad applications for the raw plant material has also ensued.
Given the scads of existent cannabis research in recent decades, myths and outright misinformation associated with the miracle plant becomes easy to dispel. For the better part of the last 50 years, the US federal government has sought to demonize cannabis. This is because of the massive threat that cannabis and cannabis by-products pose to the profits of distilleries, textile, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical industries on a global scale. What is also true is that during the late 1800s until almost 1930, cannabis medicines were some of the most prescribed medicines on earth.
Choosing to begin with that preface, this article will share the most worthwhile, relevant, and beneficial information that is most widely documented and supported.
- No single plant on earth provides a greater abundance in terms of human value than cannabis. Cannabis can provide, food from it’s very protein rich seeds, fuel(s) from the distillation of the oil extracted from the plant, and more importantly, fiber capable of being the basis of sustainable, reusable, and biodegradable fabrics, paper, and biomass utilized in products from clothing to skyscrapers and everything in between.
- While the US government has arguably made selling CBD quite difficult, the US Department of Health and Services ironically patented cannabinoids in 2001. Patent 6,630,507 reads: Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. A long-respected analgesic, cannabis use for pain-relief as has become a respected vehicle for abating opioid-based pain killer addiction.
- Hemp clothing and products are available on a global scale. Hempcrete is a commercially viable building material that has a negative carbon value, thereby absorbing excess carbon and proving unrivaled in maintaining temperature and environment. Hemp wood and hemp insulation (Hemp wool) products have reached the commercial market, as well. Hemp plastics have also proven superior to petroleum-based plastics, as well.
- Cannabis sativa, cannabis ruderalis, and cannabis indica are ALL varieties of the same genus or plant species.
- From a strictly medical standpoint, the uses of cannabis medicine display significant promise in the treatment of; Alleviation of anxiety, Relief of chronic pain, Improving lung capacity, Aiding weight loss, Regulating and preventing diabetes, Regulating seizures, Treatment of ADHD/ADD, Mending bones, Promise in Autism treatment, Treatment of Glaucoma, Slowing the onset of Alzheimer’s disease, Alleviation of PTSD symptoms, Dealing with pain linked to Arthritis, Pain as well as spasticity relief for MS (Multiple Sclerosis) patients, reduction of side-effects linked to Hepatitis C and increase the effectiveness of treatment for Hepatitis C, a reducing of tremors associated with Parkinson’s Disease, as well as a benefit to abating alcoholism.
Cannabis has innumerable uses/applications in modern society from textiles to housewares, and even industrial uses, outside of the plant’s natural, biological value and uses topically and orally, as well. American author, Jack Herer (deceased), once answered a question from a reporter. The question was; ‘Why has Cannabis Hemp/Marijuana been so Important in History?’ This was his response.
Because cannabis hemp is, overall, the strongest, most durable, longest-lasting, natural soft-fiber on the planet. Its leaves and flower tops (marijuana) were—depending on the culture—the first, second, or third most important and most-used medicines for two-thirds of the world’s people for at least 3,000 years, until the turn of this century.
He continued; “Botanically, hemp is a member of the most advanced plant family on Earth. It is a dioecious (i.e., having male, female, and sometimes hermaphroditic [male and female on the same plant]) woody, herbaceous annual that uses the sun more efficiently than virtually any other plant on our planet, reaching a robust 12 to 20 feet or more in one short growing season.
It can be grown in virtually any climate or soil condition on Earth, even marginal ones.
Hemp is by far, Earth’s premier, renewable natural resource. This is why hemp is so important.”
The future importance of this plant can not be understated. Hemp is the future of our country!
Footnotes / Endnotes:
Learn about Cannabis – Therapeutic Potential – https://www.uclahealth.org/cannabis/therapeutic-potential
Learn about Cannabis – Human Endocannabinoid System – https://www.uclahealth.org/cannabis/human-endocannabinoid-system
What is the Endocannabinoid System and What is its Role – https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/what-is-the-endocannabinoid-system
‘The Emperor Wears No Clothes‘ – by Jack Herer – (Author) – copyright 1985